Thursday, September 23, 2010

Last Ramayana journal

Rama does seem to be unfairly sexist throughout the book, yet, I also don't know the customs back then, and it may have been normal to them. The thing I think was most ridiculous that Rama made Sita do, was throw herself into a fire to prove her purity. He was willing to let his wife die to make sure she was pure which I think is a little too far. There are many things that make me think the battle wasn't literal. One of the biggest things that makes me believe this is a mental/ spiritual battle is that it talks about bodies laying everywhere, but them just being passed out, and not dead which wouldn't make sense for a physical battle. Another key thing that makes me believe that battle wasn't literal, is the fact that the fight between Rama and Ravana was not even remotely realistic, and seemed more of a metal game even if parts of it really were real.

No comments:

Post a Comment